Friday, May 29, 2009

Finally!!!!!!!!

Here we are just minutes after they extubated her. My sweet baby girl! Words cannot express the joy in my heart. Twenty one days of not holding her are now behind us, thank the Lord! She is breathing great on her own...the first couple breaths were tricky for her. I think she forgot how to breathe on her own since the machines have been doing it for her for a 1/3 of her life. But she got the hang of it real fast and has been doing great. Here is Dave and his girl. Her little cry is so sad sounding. It is super soft and hoarse.
Is this picture priceless or what? This was about five minutes after being extubated. She is thinking, "Hallelujah, that tube is finally out!" She is such a little trooper. I was scared she forgot how to smile so this was so thrilling to see:) Love it. She is still on oxygen for a day or two and then....let's hope, we can go home!!!!!

12 comments:

aimee_p said...

LOVE IT!!! Tyler loved it too. Sophie is a trooper! I am so happy you get to go home and get back to your normal, hectic, running around self!

Price Family said...

Praise the Lord.

jocelyn said...

This just MADE my day!! I am so happy! What a blessing to be holding your baby girl after such a long time. I can't imagine! Caryn and Dave, you are troopers!

Amanda Weir said...

As Jocelyn said you just MADE my day too! That has to be the best to have your little girl in your arms. And I know your not going to let go of her. We love you guys and are so happy for little Sophie.

jenni bishop said...

Praise the Lord! We are so happy little Sophie is breathing on her own and able to be held!!! Love you!

Sarah Hull said...

What wonderful news! We've been praying for sweet sophie and put her name in the temple today. We're so happy for you! Those pictures are precious!

Melissa said...

I love that smiling face! I am sooo glad she is doing better and that you can finally hold your baby again!!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great news! I am going to add the news to my site to make sure the prayers continue! :)

EvansFamily said...

I am crying seeing you both hold her and then the smile truley is the most beautiful! Shows how strong she is. So happy for your family!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! That smile is so cute! Glad she's improving!

Les and Cheryl said...

That's so wonderful for you Karen. We have all been following a long and know of your pain. Prayerfully all will be well from now on. Keep us up on it all. We appreciate it.

On My Mind 24/7 said...

So happy things are turning around for your little girl! She looks so happy to be held!