Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Home Sweet Home

We are home! I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to be home after 26 days in the hospital. Sophie is doing so much better.
Below is a picture of Sophie at the hospital a few hours before going home. Does she look excited or what?
Sophie Mae Schramm is one special girl. She has brought hundreds and hundreds of people closer to Heavenly Father.
She helped people renew their faith in the Lord.
She helped us remember that miracles do happen.
She helped us rely on the power of prayer.
She helped us realize that angels are surrounding us all the time.
In her ten weeks of life, she has already done so much for others. I am honored to be her mother.
Dave and I are so touched by all the outpouring of love and service to our family. We would not have survived this weeks without my mom or Dave's mom. Dinner was provided when we needed it, children looked after, treats left when we needed a treat, loving notes came in the mail, kids taken to seminary, activities, practices, etc. Thank you all so much. It has meant so much to us....more than anyone will ever know :)

6 comments:

jenni bishop said...

Welcome Home Sophie! We are overjoyed!!! She is so special! We love you all!

Amanda Weir said...

Hold on let me wipe the tears for my eyes. Little Sophie is ONE special girl. We love her so much. Caryn thank you for being such a great example to all of us with your STRONG faith in the Lord and being such a loving and caring Mother. Love you sister. Talk to you soon.

aimee_p said...

Caryn I am so happy for you and your beautiful family. Now things are going to go back to normal. The kids must be happy to have their MOMMA back running things. Love you!

Valerie said...

Congratulations on finally bringing Sophie home! Her beautiful smile can melt one's heart. My husband has been keeping me posted. I'm very disappointed that I could not help due to my own health issues. I'm so happy to hear that others have pitched in and brought some relief. You are an amazingly beautiful mother, and I have a great deal of respect for you!
Love,
Valerie Taylor

Christy said...

YEAH!! I am so excited for you guys and so happy and she sure looks happy too. Holding her must be WONDERFUL. Perfect.

Lisa said...

I am soooo happy! CONGRATS! Ia m so glad she is home with her loving family!