Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving and All That Jazz

I know I haven't blogged in awhile. Suddenly there were too many things to blog about so I thought I would ignore it and it would just go away. But here I am :) ready to face the music.

So here is a run down of Thanksgiving.
The weekend before Thanksgiving, we went camping in Olema which is right by Point Reyes. A little chilly at night, but not bad :) We had a great time! We went on a beautiful 7 mile hike...Bridgete pooped out the last mile...I love that they all love to hike. Sadly, I wasn't the speediest: I guess a 6 month pregnant belly has slowed me down :)

Next, was the annual Thanksgiving parade and stone soup at Bridgete's preschool. She is a giraffe and I love the face she was giving the crowd!
We went to Dave's folk's for Thanksgiving.
There is always excitement to be had on Thanksgiving at the Schramm's and this year was NO different.
Dave's dad collapsed when trying to get the turkey in the oven. Scary, but he is ok. We believe it was a heart attack. And can I just add that men are the worst patients in the world?
Next, Spencer fell on our walk and got a nasty bruise.
And the final fall of the evening was by Jenny. She and Evan were fighting and she was trying to get him, tripped and sprained her ankle. By the way, this was all before we even sat down to our feast.
My Mother in law scheduled dinner to be ready and served by 5:00pm. But, she and my father in law have not realized that every single year they are off by an hour. So we ate at 6:00pm. By then, a pumpkin pie was gone , so was an apple pie and half of a dump cake because everyone was starving. She didn't plan on lunch: she just figured we would save our appetites. Yeah...there was no way that was happening :)
BTW, everyone is stripped down by dinner time because the house was so hot. I look forward to the day when I am old and keep my house hot :)
But I must say, once we did eat, it was delicious! Everything was so yummy. I look forward to Thanksgiving dinner all year long and I was not disappointed.
Before dinner
Dinner is served. Hallelujah.

The next day we made caplit. Caplit is a yummy, homemade pasta filled with different cheeses and served like soup in broth. Claudia and Poppy make it every year from scratch, so I suggested we do it while we are all there to help over Thanksgiving. They eat it every Christmas Eve and it is delish! It was not an easy job to do...I don't know how they do it all by themselves.
So here we are. I have to cook in an apron. So everyone copied me (LOL) and we dug up some aprons. Aren't we cute? I love Diane and Suzanne. They are the best sister in laws.

And finally, we went and chopped down our tree in Columbia on our way home. Nothing smells better than getting a tree in your house after it has been cut down just hours before.

Ok, that is it. Thank you for scrolling down and down and down. Sorry it took so long, but better late than never :)

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Good pics! did your FIL go to the Dr or stay for dinner????

aimee_p said...

You look so cute!!!. The family looks great--how nice to have all the kids together and smiling!!! Love you.

Amanda Weir said...

Thank you for posting....I have been waiting:) All the pictures are cute but, my fav. is Dave showing off his tat. Love ya.

jenni bishop said...

You are adorable! The kids are adorable! Oh yeah, Dave is adorable too1 Good thing Dave was wearing those glasses while mixing the potatoes...wouldn't want any lumps!!:)

jenni bishop said...

The 1 after the too was supposed to be a !