Friday, December 19, 2008

Filippo

My Filippo turned 12 today! Can you believe that I had him 12 years ago? I can still remember Amanda peeking under the door while I was pushing him out.
I can still remember my rocking bounce that would settle him down...that no one else could do.
I remember my family watching him for two hours and meeting them in the driveway waiting for me to take that screamin' baby.
I remember Aaron and Jenni letting him campout in there apartment.
I remember my family taking in a heartbroken mom and loving my child with all their hearts.
I remember that no matter how tired he was, he would not fall asleep during any movie. (This is still true.)
I remember meeting Dave for the first time and while we were in sacrament, Filippo fell asleep on his lap. (that was a huge sign:)
I remember his outrageous math questions at the age of four.
And the list goes on.
Filippo is such a blessing in my life and to those around him. I am thankful to be his mama.
This is him at 6 months. Yeah, he has the famous Bishop noggin. And I just have to throw in that his skin is still just as soft as when he was a baby.

Here is is at two. Oh, I can just eat him up.

Ok, fast forward 10 years and here he is now.

Filippo is such a joy. He is so thankful and sweet and smart. On Sunday, he will receive the Aaronic priesthood and then he will be able to pass the sacrament. I am so proud of him and the young man he is turning into. Happy Birthday, my son. I love you.

5 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

(this post made me cry.) :)

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet! Happy birthday, Filippo!

Stacey Bishop said...

I am totally teary eyed. We love you so much Filippo!

That is Wade's exact head shape:)!

jenni bishop said...

I remember all of those things too! I remember you carrying him in your arms up onto the stage to receive your college diploma from UC Irvine...TEARS!
Filippo is definitely special and we love him so much.

And by the way...your skin is the same way!!! So soft! Like mother...like son!!

Happy Birthday Filippo! We love you and are so proud of you!

Christy said...

He is so adorable! I can't wait to see him passing the sacrament next Sunday. I can't believe he is old enough for that already. It goes by way too fast!