Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas 2008

We have had a flurry of activity the past week and a half. First, Dave's folks came down for an early Christmas. Bridgete had a Christmas concert in which she was a sheep and Evan had an awards night, so they got to go to both. (I missed Evans...we had to divide and conquer :) The following night we had our Christmas Dinner of kaplit (yummy!) and we opened presents.

My parents came up the afternoon of Filippo's birthday, so we went out to Filippo's restaurant of choice and came back for his cinnamon roll birthday cake. We opened presents the next day and then Sunday, we all went to church together. My parents wanted to be here for Filippo's ordination of the Aaronic Priesthood. As as added bonus, Adam and Amanda came up that Saturday night! They arrived around 11:00pm and I had NO idea. It scared me when I saw my front door open....and couldn't believe who I saw. It was so special to our family, and especially Filippo to have his Grampy and Uncle Adie join in the circle as he received the priesthood. Tears were flowing like crazy! Dave was nervous about the correct wording at first, but he did great and the blessing he gave Filippo was so wonderful. What a great comfort the gospel is :)

Christmas Eve was a special night, of course. We read Luke 2 plus a few others and sang Carols. We had our traditional tamale dinner and went around the table saying what we are thankful for. We baked our cookies and then the kids got to open one present. They got new pajama's. They immediately put them on and then we went and got our milkshakes from Jack-in-the-Box and drove around looking at lights (this is our little tradition:).

Christmas morning came at 5:45am! Yikes! The boys were the first ones up, then Jenny and Bridgete and Dave woke up around 6:15am. It was wonderful and magical. The kids were grateful for all their gifts. It was a blessed Christmas.

2 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas!

aimee_p said...

I love Evans looks---he is a character! You did have an exciting week! I am glad you had a good Christmas. I am looking forward to seeing you next week:)