Saturday, June 28, 2008

Life in the fast lane

Please, can everything just slow down for a moment? I can't even tell you how crazy last week was....(last week of school, school parties, school awards assemblies, school celebrations, bathroom leak which lead to warped wood floors, kitchen sink leak, a dying dishwasher, washing 34 windows, getting Jenny ready for Girls camp, etc, etc, etc.) My mind is still trying to catch up.

We have been counting the days for our big family Fourth of July Weekend, and now that it is so close, our house is falling apart. Luckily they will look past all of that (Right???). The kids have been counting the days for over a month. They miss their cousins so much. Living far away makes you so grateful for any little family gathering. Kind of sad, but true.

Last Day of Kindergarten

Spencer had a Kindergarten celebration on June 26th. They sang a half dozen songs. Spencer was the best, of course :o) He sang the loudest and made up quite a few movements to go along with the words. He told me, "Mom, I am going to sing my best. Probably the best ever." And he did. When they were done performing he came and sat with me and started getting teary-eyed. He is so tender. He said, "Mom, that was my very best singing...And I am going to miss this class so much." He totally started crying. All the other kids were playing around, and Spencer is sitting there reflecting back on his Kindergarten memories. Too cute. Of course I am just like that, so it probably didn't help that I was crying with him. Oh well. I just had to document that day because it was so priceless.

Notice the intensity in his eyes, and no one else is doing a movement like that!

3 comments:

Amanda Weir said...

Spencer is too cute. He has a very big heart. Can't wait to see you guys.

jenni bishop said...

Congratulations Spencer!! We are proud of you! See you soon!

Lisa said...

I was tearing up just rading about him! soooo cute!