Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Gratitude

Ok, I didn't do a post on Father's Day. But that doesn't mean that I think anything less of my sweet hubby. That day had a few twists to it...like Bridgete puking all day long! Dave worked Saturday night so he came home, opened presents, ate french toast and hit the sack. We all stayed home from church because everyone was feeling woozy (being near someone who is throwing up all day long can do that to you :o) I cooked my hubby his favorite things, visited for a few hours and then off to work he went.
Now back to Bridgete...she was sick all Sunday and then got real sick again Monday night and Tuesday. I was really getting worried about her, because she doesn't have extra weight to begin with. She was very lethargic and couldn't keep a thing down.
I told Dave that she needed a blessing. He felt the same way. So after working Monday from 6:30pm t0 6:30am, then going straight to his chiropractic office and working til 12:30pm, he came home (exhausted) and layed his hands on sweet Bridgete's head and gave her a blessing.
From that moment on, she was able to finally keep some much needed fluids down. She slept for three hours and slept eleven hours that night. I cannot express my gratitude for having the priesthood in our home. It is truly a blessing. And words cannot explain how thankful I am to be married to a worthy priesthood holder. My testimony has been strengthened by this simple, yet miraculous blessing.
Now, I need to go shop, pack and get ready for a five day camping trip. We leave this afternoon and I haven't been able to do a thing. I promise I will post a ton of pictures next time (but still not as many as my sis-in-law Stacey :o)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Awesome post! :) Have fun on your trip!

aimee_p said...

Prayer is powerful and God is so awesome!!!! I am glad to hear Bridgette is doing better!! love you

Stacey Bishop said...

What better belated fathers day post than a father blessing his child. What a great husband and father he is. You are blessed!

ps....your a comedian :)

Amanda Weir said...

The priesthood is amazing. That is so great Dave could get her a blessing. And for Evan and Filippo to see how GREAT it is to have the priesthood. What a good example for them.
Have a fun time. See you soon.