Monday, July 7, 2008

Fourth of July Extravaganza!

THE FIRST FOURTH OF JULY EXRAVAGANZA!
This past weekend we had 27 people in our home. My family came up to spend the Fourth of July with us. We had bodies sleeping everywhere...laundry room and all. It was so much fun. My kids are already asking about next year. As the official hostess, I thought I'd share a few photos of what the dining room looked like when everyone was here....

It turned into the bread and soda overflow, dressing/changing room, and storage room. Pretty, huh?

Averi's hair was brushed that morning by Aunt Jenni....I promise! And now a glimpse of what the room looked like before everyone came. Notice anything different?

And now for the front room....it turned into a bedroom, nursery, bathroom, changing room, wrestling room. Notice the intense look on Jenni's face while she is doing Abbie's hair....we assigned her all the girl's hair for that day. Nice face, Adam.

Abbie, Kylee, Averi and Bridgete getting a little crazy.

And this is what the room looked like when everyone left....I had forgotton what kind of floors we had in that room.

Now that everyone is gone, our house is so quiet. It makes five kids seem like a breeze. I absolutely LOVED having everyone here. It was a blast to just hang out with my family and laugh until we cried. We hope this can become an annual event.

OK, now on to the action packed weekend. Seven of us decided to start the Fourth of July with a little exercise. How 'bout a 5K run? Yip, that is what Adam, Stacey, Aimee, Mike, Austin, Tyler and I decided to do. It was a lot of fun and a good accomplishment. I am proud of everyone!

After that, Aimee couldn't walk, but she managed. The kids went swimming, played on the waterslide, ate, danced and did fireworks. It was a 12 hour party. Wait...make that a 48 hour party. We went strong all Saturday,too.

Family is such a blessing. We miss having family close to us, so this was extra special to me and my family. Thanks for coming up here and roughing it. You all mean so much to me and the Lord has been very good to our family. We cherish each one of you! Next year we are going to have to get Jared and Brian up here, too. We love you all!

5 comments:

Amanda Weir said...

Caryn and Dave thanks again. I had such a great time. Love you guys.

jenni bishop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jenni bishop said...

We had such a blast!!! Thank you for having all of us! Such special, fun memories!!! We love you!

Lisa said...

Looks like such a good time!

Stacey Bishop said...

Seriously one of our funnest weekends! Thanks for puting up with all the mess and craziness and thanks for feeding us good food!! Can't wait to see you guys again!!