Sunday, June 1, 2008

Filippo the Swimmer

Filippo decided to go out for the Elk Grove Piranhas this year. This is his first year on the swim team and he is doing great! He practices four times a week and every meet he improves his time.
I get choked up watching him (no surprise there!) because I know he is pushing himself to go as fast as he can, and also because I was on a swim team for eight years, so I know exactly how he feels. Go Filippo!Isn't he so cute in his swimsuit? He is already as brown as can be. His stroke of choice is back stroke. He works it! Here he is doing the 100 yard freestyle. This is on his fourth lap. He said his legs felt like jello. He did great.
Do I sound like a proud mom or what? I just feel such happiness when my children take on new challenges and rise to meet them.

4 comments:

Amanda Weir said...

Thats great to hear about Filippo and to see some pictures. He looks so natural. Just like his Mom.

jenni bishop said...

Go Filippo Go!!
We are so proud of him too! Maybe the two of you should race!

Lisa said...

I'm sure you are bursting with pride. :)

Stacey Bishop said...

maybe we should nick name him flipper....or maybe not :) He looks so old!!