Friday, September 5, 2008

Our Crazy Lives

Ok, I am the first to admit it...I have not been into blogging lately. I am just so tired. Like....I have never been like this with any other pregnancies and it is pitiful. Ask Dave. I can barely make it through Wal-Mart without wanting to lay down in the aisle and sleep. Makes for a good mom and wife, huh?
School is in full swing. Here is the update:
Jenny has a friend living with her right now....don't ask. But she is a sweet girl named Kori. So that adds one more child to take care of. Anyway, Jenny has dance after school 3 days a week, soccer three days a week, not to mention seminary and homework and YW. Oh yeah, her friend plays soccer, too.
Evan is playing football right now. He is starting and playing Tight End. Talk about exciting and nerve-wracking! Football has been 5 days a week for three hours after school. The season starts next week and then he should be down to 4 practices a week...but who knows! He also is a freshman and going to seminary and trying to do scouts when he can. He has Geometry and says there is only two freshman in the class. But he is doing well.
Filippo is NOT swimming right now. (That took up 4-5 months with four practices a week). I am thankful he wanted to take a break, but he does miss it. So right now it is school and scouts once a week...led by Dave:) He is in GATE and obsessed with reading the novels by Paolini so that he is ready for his new book that comes out on the 20th. Huh? How many 11 year old boys are like that? He cracks me up.
Spencer is loving first grade! He obeys the rules like nobody's business. Too funny. He is realizing that some kids still do things even when they are told not to. That boggled his mind at first, but is learning that everyone makes their own choices. He is like that on his soccer team. He plays his position to a tee. He won't leave his boundaries and gets mad when others do. Yesterday in his scrimmage he was yelling, "We aren't supposed to be karate chopping!" (I guess one kid was throwing karate chops and Spencer called him on it:)
Bridgete has made so much progress in her pre K class. I am so thankful she is in it. She tells me how kids won't share but she won't tell them to share because she is so darn shy. Maybe one day she will actually speak her mind to someone other than her brothers :) She is starting a ballet/tap class on Monday so we'll see how that goes. She is getting good on her bike and hopefully Dave will be able to take her training wheels off sometime soon. We will see.
Dave is still working two full time jobs and I am holding down the fort. Most of my afternoons are spent in the car driving kids here and there for hours and thinking about what to make for dinner when everything sounds gross. I am hoping that will end soon. In a few more days I will be twelve weeks and am hoping I get my energy back. I had an ultrasound and I got to see my little peanut. So cute and so amazing. I love it.
Ummm, and here is a couple of picture so this post isn't too boring

Bridgete and her cake...love the eyes.

Tucker, our doggy. I can do a whole post on him....but I won't.

My Mother in law, Claudia, better known as Grandma, blowing out her candles on the delicious cake that Suzanne baked. She turned 75 on September 1st. She looks so good that no one would ever guess her actual age. Love you!

4 comments:

Amanda Weir said...

Caryn after reading that I think I need a nap! No wonder why your so tired. You always have 100 things going on. You are such a great example to me. You are a great mom. I am glad to hear all the kids are doing good. Love you sis and we will see you soon.

Stacey Bishop said...

You are a serious trooper!! Hang in there and remember that on top of all that you have going on, you are growing a baby. You should be tired!! Love you!!

jenni bishop said...

Wow Caryn! You really are amazing! Love you guys!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

WOW!!! I would be tired too and I don't have a pg-c excuse! LOL You rock!