Monday, September 29, 2008

The one who moved away

I love living in Elk Grove. I love the life that my sweet hubby Dave and I have created. I love the schools, our neighborhood, friends, and our church.
But it does get lonely sometimes with no family around. Dave's parents and sister Suzanne, live two hours away. Diane, his other sister lives about four hours away. And all of my family lives six hours away. Frankly, it stinks sometimes. There - that is me complaining. I am doing what I tell my kids not to do :) I just hope that those of you who have family close by cherish it - do it for me anyway.
Since we are not surrounded by family, I admit that I have had to jump a few hurdles, whatever it may be, and just face the music.
Cooking would be the biggest one (I have wished so many times that we could just drive to Mom's house for dinner for a holiday, a birthday, or even once a month, then I wake up :).
Then it would be Sewing, and I am not a seamstress at all!
Gardening has become something I have loved (but being pregnant I have not liked it - weird).
And lastly, would be a Nurse....still not a fan of anything gross, but my hubby's knowledge sure comes in handy:)
It is funny, but I have been grateful for these hurdles. They have made me a better wife, mom and woman.
I think we all come into circumstances that make us stronger and wiser. Living away from family has made me who I am today. But I miss them, a lot. And I love them all dearly. My kids get so excited when we visit any family or when they visit us. I never got like that, but then again our family was all close by. Yes...I am crying right now. Shocker. Family...I love you and I hope you all love being so close to one another. Next time you eat at Mom's, think of me :)

3 comments:

jenni bishop said...

Oh Caryn...we miss you too! You and your family are very missed and loved! You are special!

Stacey Bishop said...

I am totally teary eyed. I am so grateful to live so close to your family.

I do miss my sisters and my mom. There are times you just need them. Especially my mom. Sometimes I just want to be a kid again and have her take care of me. It's hard always being strong. When I visit her, I just curl up on the couch and let all of my worries leave me for a bit.

Amanda Weir said...

Caryn you are truly missed. I think about you all the time and we miss not living up by you. It was great to spend time with you. Brian and I love your family so much. LOVE YOU!