Friday, September 19, 2008

Emotions...again!

I don't know why I always get choked up about weird things. Last week I went to the Welcome Back Rally at Elk Grove High School. Jenny is on the dance team and Bridgete and I went to watch her. I think both mine and Bridgete's hearing is permanently damamged. Oh well. We sat by the seniors....and I must say, they were the loudest. Anyway, when Jenny was dancing, I was totally crying.

Sorry this is a bad picture. Jenny is right in the middle, dressed up like a soccer player. It was a great dance.

Normal mom reaction, right? But then I got teary-eyed with the drill team and the cheerleaders, looking around their "old school" gym, and looking at the freshman. And then I lost it with the band. I always lose it when the band plays. Ask Dave....every year when we go to the varsity football games I cry at halftime...why?...the band. Anyone else like this?

Ok, back to the original topic. All the football players were dressed up in white shirts, khaki pants and matching ties. Totally made me cry. It also made me think of my brother Aaron who wants his players to dress up but the parents complained against it. Maybe if the parents saw how handsome and unified they looked, they would change there mind.

Evan looking handsome. He wasn't too thrilled to have his picture taken first thing in the morning.

SO I love when Evan has to dress up on game days. He has had two games so far. They are undefeated. Evan is 100% in his catching, but he hasn't made it to the endzone ...yet. It is fun to watch, but I can't believe how big everyone is.

4 comments:

Amanda Weir said...

Sorry Caryn but I was just laughing a little reading this post. You are too funny. You have always been a little emotionly. But we still love you.

InWeighOverMyHead said...

I am with you. I cry at everything! Everything reminds me of somethig, I can't help but think that those band players are going to one day be married etc... lol

UsdailyReader said...

Caryn, Caryn, Caryn...I'm usually pretty emotional too...but the band...doesn't do it for me:) My daughter dancing or something like that...YES! Although Aaron may be worse than me! He got teary during that Amplify show I blogged about!
Also, the shirt and tie thing...so awesome! Aaron may need to try again. Could I get a copy of a team picture!
Love you!

jenni bishop said...

Oops! That was me...Jenni! Stacey, again...stop laughing!