Friday, September 12, 2008

A Tooth and a Snake

Last night Bridgete told me her tooth felt weird. So I told her to let me check it out...turns out she had a loose tooth.
I said, "Bridgey, your tooth is loose!" She starts crying hysterically. She gets freaked out by the weirdest things.
She eventually calmed down and got ready to say our nightly family prayer. Then, she started sreaming again and there is blood everywhere! She was biting on her blanket and pushing it against her tooth....enough to pop it out. I ran her to the kitchen and told Jenny to find the tooth that had fallen out somewhere on the carpet. Jenny found it....(good job Jen) and Bridgete's gum eventually stopped bleeding. The tooth was barely wiggly...I can't believe she pushed on it enough to lose it.
Every child in our family has lost their first tooth or teeth in some traumatic event. Bridgete's was the least painful...but that tooth wasn't ready to come out.
I then told Bridgete that now the tooth fairy can come get her tooth and leave her a special treat :) She started to cry again and said, "It's gonna fly in my room?" One thing about Bridgete...she loves worms, frogs, snakes, ladybugs, spiders....but not flies!
I think she just thought of this big fly buzzing by her pillow and it freaked her out. I quickly said that she tip toes, too. So she will probably just tip toe in very quietly.

Ok....this picture captures Bridgete's attitude toward the whole "loosing your first tooth and a flying fairy visitor". Classic!

This was Bridgete this morning after she found some gum, a note and a dollar bill under her pillow....notice any difference? Now, she loves that she lost a tooth. What a stinker.

This is the snake that Dave found in our driveway this morning. It is a baby Boa. He ran it over this morning...it still looks good. Sadly, Bridgete and Spencer think it is just resting because if it was dead, the eyes would be closed...oh well. Bridgete picked some leaves for him to eat and decorated with rocks. Lovely!

She was very proud of her decorations...and she is loving showing off her space in her mouth.

4 comments:

jenni bishop said...

Wow! So much excitement!
I forgot to mention in my post that shows Caden's missing tooth that...Caden's tooth fell out at school during snack time and he just went and put it in his backpack...never told the teacher, just put it away without saying a word!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

She is a doll!

Stacey Bishop said...

How exciting! Averi was so excited to hear that she lost her tooth. She said "i guess that means mine should fall out soon". With Adam as a father, I really hope it does just that, falls out. Otherwise I can just picture apples, strings tied to door knobs etc..

Owen was more impressed with the snake than the tooth:)

Amanda Weir said...

She is too cute. That is exciting. I love the sweet face she has after ahe lost her tooth. We will see you soon.