Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Visit to So Cal

We went down to see my family this past weekend. It is a six hour drive, but Dave was extrememly proud that we made it in 5 1/2 hours with a stop to gas up and use the restroom. He was very impressed with his time:o)
Anyway, we went to see my sweet Grandma, aka G.G. She loved it and the kids had a good time running around her yard. (that is what we always did when we went there as kids :o) She looked great as always. She is 91 and going strong!
Dave went and sat next to her for most of our visit...it was cute.

After our visit, we met the rest of the family down at the beach for some fun, food and ... a high tide:)

Yep...all of these people in this picture are in our group... that is a lot of people. (and there are quite a few people not in the picture.)

Sorry, I don't have the energy to label every picture, but I do know that it is all family and this last one is me and my hubby.

I know this post is getting long...sorry. Just wanted to throw in a picture of all the sisters and sisters-in-laws. I was not thrilled to be photographed at all because I just look chubby, not pregnant (it is driving me crazy!). But Aimee insisted (notice she is the one with the cute shirt and necklace. And Amanda was on her way to her 10 year reunion so this picture was in favor of them all the way. Next picture...watch out...as long as I am not pregnant :)

On our way home, we stopped be Pepper and Dick's. We had a scrumptious breakfast with them and a very nice visit with them.

Thanks Mom and Dad for letting us stay with you. We love you and it was so great to see all of you. The kids had a great time. They are already asking when we are going down to see you guys again :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks like so much fun. Your G.G. is so cute!

jenni bishop said...

We loved seeing you guys! So glad you made the trip!

Amanda Weir said...

It was great to see you guys. Lilly is still looking for everyone around the house. Love you.