Wednesday, October 21, 2009

You Never Know

You never know what life has is store for you.
Saturday the 17th, Dave and I were out eating a yummy dinner at Macaroni Grill celebrating our 9th anniversary. Three hours later, I receive a phone call saying that my hubby is being transported to Methodist Hospital because he had a seizure at the grocery store.
What?
Life is fragile.
Dave is fine. He is home now. He is extremely drowsy from his medication for seizures. He has a 2-3 inch blood clot in his arm. So he is on blood thinners for that. He is taking more medicine now than he's ever taken. But he is ok, and that is what matters.
They said he had three seizures and it took 10 people (the fire dept had to call for Code 3 back up) to hold him down. He had to be restrained (strapped down) while they transported him to the ER. I could have sworn I married a lover not a fighter...guess I was wrong. I thought the paramedic was joking when he told me my hubby was in an ambulance because he had a seizure at the grocery store.
What?
Good news is that all the tests they ran came back normal. Thank the good Lord. The reason for the seizures....lack of sleep, dehydration and low potassium.
Working two jobs has taken it's toll.
Diet Mountain Dew is not the most hydrating drink out there.
I don't know if it counts, but he did have bananas in the cart before he went down.
So a lesson has been learned. Life is so fragile. He could have died.
Our bodies are a gift.
We need to treat them like that.
(I guess I shouldn't have finished off that plate of brownies just now :)
Thank you for all your prayers. We love you all.
2009 has definitely been an eventful year for our family.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my word! How VERY scary for you!

aimee_p said...

Caryn you have had an eventful year! you should be good for the rest of your life! I am thankful everything is ok. We love you guys.

jenni bishop said...

So thankful he is home and ok! We love you guys! Hang in there!

Amanda Weir said...

So glad that dave to doing better. Take care and hang in there. We love you guys.