Thursday, October 15, 2009

My dreamboat

Dreamboat is Spencer. That is what I call him and always will :) He thinks a lot about things I wouldn't expect a 7 year old to think about.
Example: last night he told us how we have two families in Heaven... The one that we are with now and the one we have when we are married. He said, "We were all really good friends and that's why we decided to be in a family together." Love it.
Then today on the way home from school, he said,"I am going to start my own business. I am going to open a bakery up here just like the one Grammy and Grampy have down there. That way we can always have one nearby. Mom, you can bake your cookies and stuff and the rest of the recipes I will get from them. I think it will do really good because there are no bakeries around here." He has mentioned this before but he talks about it a lot more lately. Isn't that funny?
Here he is with one of his recycled artwork pieces. It is impossible to throw anything in the recycle bin without Spencer finding a artistic purpose for it.
On a totally different side note...I have been trying to write more on my blog. I don't keep a journal (the horror!) and this is my way to remember all the fun (and not so fun) things in my family. So hang in there...you might get smothered in my sappiness sometimes, but it won't harm you. I promise.

2 comments:

Amanda Weir said...

Spencer I think can always put a smile on anyones face. And good luck with the bakery. Caryn it sounds like you have a lot of baking to do.

caryn said...

Amanda...what the heck are doing awake so early? Let me guess: achy hips, gotta pee and maybe some heartburn? Sorry sis. It will be over VerY soon!