Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Full Heart

I love staying home. I have No idea how our home would run if I worked full time. I am so grateful that my hubby has two good jobs that allows me to be home.
Right now we are going on Day 5 of the flu. We suspect it is the swine flu, but I am not taking them in for an official test.
I love that "mom" makes things feel better with a snuggle or a kiss. I love that "mom" is the name they call out to soothe them. Call me selfish...but that is one of the perks of the job.
I remember my mom taking care of me. Oh how I loved it. When she would give us 7 up to drink and crackers to eat, somehow she made them taste so much better than they were. I want to be like that. I think I may actually be like that with my kids. I hope so.
I remember coming home from school and every so often, our house smelled of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. It put an instant smile on our faces. If we had a rough day at school, it was suddenly forgotten by cookies and milk. (She made crispier cookies so they dunked really well :)
Now I think I will go make some chocolate chip cookies. Mine aren't crispy, but I know they will put an instant smile on their faces after school. (well, Filippo and Bridgete are home sick...maybe I will set some aside for them in the freezer :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hey! I just came across your blog Cute picture.
I know what you mean. My mom's the same way and I hope I can be like that too.
I hope everyone feels better soon!
(This is Emily (Seavers) Pearson by the way)