Friday, October 24, 2008

Sour Cream Banana Bread

Ok, this is the best recipe I have used for banana bread. It makes a ton, so be prepared. Instead of my standard bread pans, I use my mini loaf pans, and large muffin pans so it is easy for everyone to grab one (it makes about 28-30 individual portions :). I also freeze them and then the kids grab them in the morning, zap them for 30 seconds and it is perfect. Hope you enjoy.
Banana Bread
cinnamon sugar (already mixed)
3/4 cup butter
3 cup white sugar
3 eggs
5-6 ripe bananas, mashed
16 oz sour cream
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp baking soda
4 1/2 cup flour
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease four loaf pans and dust with cinnamon sugar.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Mix in eggs, bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Divide into prepared pans
Bake one hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
(also really yummy with nuts or mini chocolate chips :)

Yummy...Spencer is ready to grab one. I hope you guys try this....I promise you will love it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to try it!!! This week for certain!!!

xo
-francesca

aimee_p said...

Ok can you just send one my way. They look yummy, I love banana bread. Thank you for posting the recipe. I will certainly try it. love you, aimee

jenni bishop said...

I am totally going to try that recipe!!! Looks delicious!!

Christy said...

I have been looking for a great banana bread recipe. This one sounds awesome. I can't wait to try it. I will let you know how it goes!