Friday, October 17, 2008

Happy Anniversary to us!

Today is our 8th Anniversary. Eight years ago, Filippo and I flew up to see Dave. I remember we were in Bel Air that evening, and we looked at eachother and knew we had to get married:) So we bought some flowers and went home to hunt down a chapel in Lake Tahoe that would be open late. Then we ran over to Mervyn's and found Dave a ring. I put on the only white shirt I had and off we went. Sure we knew eachother for six weeks...that is long enough when you know it is right.
Here we are the new Mr. and Mrs.

After the ceremony with my lovely flowers.

This is a picture with the woman who married us. She was so sweet and so short :) She actually is LDS...small world.

And this was Filippo during the whole ceremony. There is no waking that kid, that is for sure. Like the couch?

I cannot fathom my life without Dave. He is a dream come true. The Lord has truly blessed our family. One year after we were married, we were sealed for time and all eternity. I could not imagine forever with anyone else.

4 comments:

Amanda Weir said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are just so perfect for each other. We love you and hope you guys have a great day.

aimee_p said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!! You two are so perfect together, you can just tell how much you love each other by the way you look at one another. Have a GREAT evening:)

Lisa said...

Happy anniversary! I never knew your wedding story. It is so romantic! Thanks so much for sharing!

jenni bishop said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I totally remember finding out you had gotten married up there that night! I also remember not really being that shocked...just really happy for you!!! We love Dave and we love you and we love you together!!!!