Monday, July 21, 2008

A little bit of this & that

See this picture.....that is my Blackberry Cobbler, and it was the best one I have ever had. Oops...sorry if that sounds snooty, but it is the truth:o) We have wild blackberry bushes growing all along the greenbelt by our house, so we went berry picking. I have already shared the recipe with a few of my friends and they agree...it is delicious! I doubled the cobbler part and I think that was deal maker. Unfortunately, I am way to lazy to write down the whole recipe, but I have it if you want it. As a matter of fact, Dave is taking the kids right now to pick some more so I can make another one. Allright....this has nothing to do with food, but I wanted to post a couple pictures for my sweet niece, Averi. Averi, our animals miss you! Tucker misses you petting him and Whitty misses you, too! Adam and Stacey, please get that girl a pet....she is too cute around animals!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks yummy! (The food, not the animals...) LOL

jenni bishop said...

That does look delicious! I think Aaron is starting to feel threatened...that maybe, just maybe...it's better than his apricot pie? Just a whole different taste...right?:) Fine Caryn...you make the best cookies...and now this!!! Aaron is looking up recipes right now for the nectarines we have out back!

Stacey Bishop said...

How sweet are you to think of Averi. I have been busy with Owen's birthday and hadn't had a chance to check blogs. I was on the computer just after I put the kids to bed and had to get Averi up to see her favorite animals. She was super excited and asked if you were bringing them both with you next week. I had to break the news. but I told her we would go up and visit again.

Love the cobbler. Especially the double cobbler part. I need the recipe!