Wednesday, December 22, 2010

a kiss while cutting down our Christmas tree
It's the most wonderful time of the year. 
 Really it is.  I love Christmas.
  I love baking and sharing
 and having carolers come to our door
and looking at lights
and taking the kids out to shop for eachother at Walgreens or the Dollar store
and the smell of our Christmas tree
and planning big special meals
and stocking stuffers
and Christmas music
and looking at my nativites
and thinking about our Savior.
I am sad when people say it doesn't feel like Christmas.  I have heard this from quite a few people this year.  I say...make it feel like Christmas.  Share some cookies with your neighbors and friends, give some extra service to those in need, sing Christmas carols with your family... at least that is what works for me:) 

3 comments:

aimee_p said...

Well said sister! I love you and hope you and the family have a WONDERFUL day together!

Amanda Weir said...

Right on! And LOVE the picture.

Sarah Osborne said...

Yes, well written! It sounds just like the kind of statement that would come from you: clear, concise, but with a sweet flair:)! Love the picture of big brother and little sister, too cute!!!
(Valerie again:)