Friday, December 3, 2010

Baked Oatmeal, anyone?

Baked Oatmeal
When I lived in the dorms at UC Irvine, there was one breakfast dish that was heavenly.  It was Baked Oatmeal with Warm Milk.  I actually tried finding the recipe from UCI but the recipe was too hard to down size from their gigantic recipe.  So I gave up for 10 years.  I found a baked oatmeal on all recipes recently and then made my own version.  Here it is: 
6 cups rolled oats                           1 cup milk
1 1/2 cup brown sugar                   3 eggs
3 teaspoons cinnamon                   2/3 cup melted butter
3 teaspoons baking powder           3 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons salt 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Mix together the dry ingredients then add the wet ingredients.
Spread into a 9x13 dish
Bake for 40 minutes.  Serve with warm milk.

5 comments:

Christy said...

I am SO going to try this. It sounds absolutely heavenly. Thanks for sharing.

aimee_p said...

Thank you!! Now we can see just how YUMMY it is!!

Jen said...

Thanks for the recipe! I made it today and it was yummy! :)

fresh said...

OMG!! I also went to UC Irvine and loved eating the baked oatmeal with warm milk in the morning at Mesa commons. I was just talking about it with my UCI Alum boyfriend (zot! zot!) and decided to look for a recipe. I can't believe I stumbled upon another fan of the baked oatmeal at UCI. I love that you investigated the recipe! Thanks for sharing your version. Is there any way you could post the gigantic version too?

Many thanks!

Dana said...

Omg fellow UCI alum and same - I keep dreaming about that baked oatmeal and stumbled upon this. Thank you!