Thursday, April 8, 2010

In the springtime

The garden has been planted.
Everyday we check for new signs of life from the seeds we planted a week ago.
Our plum and peach tree are loaded with little tiny fruits. Sadly, our apricot tree has none.
It had a traumatic winter and got blown over during a nasty storm.
We weren't sure it made it but eventually leaves started to appear.
But no blossoms....no fruit.
I LOVE apricots right off the tree.
It is my favorite fresh picked fruit.
Next year.
I can't wait for the kids to be swimming all summer long and enjoying our plums and peaches in between cannon balls. Next year they will enjoy apricots, too. I just know it!
That reminds me.....summer.....swimsuits.
I got some work to do!
Big time.
Sophie is a year and I stopped nursing two months ago, so I guess that excuse is out the door.
Darn.
Who is with me?
(If you are already swimsuit ready, don't tell me. That is just wrong!)

2 comments:

Amanda Weir said...

LOL.....I took Lilly to the pool yesterday and she said "mom why dont you come in?" So Caryn I am NOT ready yet.

aimee_p said...

I AM WITH YOU!!!!!!! Lets do it!