Saturday, April 17, 2010

tired

Every night for the past week and a half, someone has stood by my bedside and woke me up...The reasons vary:
coughing attack from asthma,
a bad dream,
a headache,
a baby crying and waking up a sleepy sister,
and even the precious dog has whined to go outside (his new found love of diapers and granola bar wrappers hasn't been setting well with him.)
I asked today, "Why don't you go on Daddy's side?" The answer, "I don't know...I just go straight to your side." :)
I think if they didn't come to my side I would be sad.
Luckily Dave doesn't feel that way at all. He asks how the night went because he snoozes right through it. He considers it a talent he has.
I say...it is because he's a man :)

4 comments:

aimee_p said...

This is so typical. I totally agree and hear you. it can be very exhausting.

Amanda Weir said...

LOL. I love when brian wakes up in the morning and says "well, that was a good night." And then I tell him "No lilly woke up and with a bad dream and Jackson woke up twice and pooped out of his diaper." But, Caryn it is a good feeling that your kids can come to you....even though it's in the middle of the night. Your a great Mother. Love you.

Christy said...

LOL. It is the same at our house but for a different reason. The kids tried to wake Ben but quickly learned that he is really hard to wake up, and Mom isn't. I have been up a lot lately too. I have actually heard that from several Mom's lately. Maybe there is something in the air!

Christy said...

PS
I probably would miss it too, if they didn't come to me, but I would appreciate the option!