Saturday, August 6, 2011

Vacations Galore! Part Two of Three

I drove home (six hours) from Ventura on Tuesday July 19th.  We got home around 3:00pm.  I had exactly 13 hours to do laundry, repack and set up our awesome Cruise America motor home all before our 4:00am departure for Utah. Umm....I was a little crazy.  I tried to have as much stuff as possible ready before Ventura, but there is still a lot of stuff to do.  A LOT.  Food, sippy cups, medicine bag, toilet paper, bug spray, baby shampoo...that is just a tiny bit of the Don't Forget list.   Everything worked out fine and we got out the door at 4:00am (Dave and I got 3 hours of sleep...better than 2 I guess:).  We got to our campground in Salt Lake around 4:00pm that afternoon.  The next day (Thursday) we went to Temple Square.  This was my first time in Utah and so we had to do Temple Square.  It was just beautiful.  40 years of hard, backbreaking labor to build the Salt Lake Temple.  Those saints were amazing.  Visiting all the buildings was a huge testimony booster.  I love The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. 


The Tabernacle.  So beautiful. 

Behold the tree in Filippo's palm.

Evan, Filippo, Spencer, Sophie and Bridgete in front of the Salt Lake Temple.




 
An original chair from the temple.  So beautiful!
"This is the place."


The first presidency and Spencer and Bridgete in the Conference Center.


On top of the Conference Center.  It was a beautiful clear day.  Sophie eventually passed out.  All the kids did great and enjoyed seeing some church history. 
Friday, we hit the road again.  Our destination was Rexburg Idaho to pick up Jenny from BYU-I.  It took about 4 hours.  It was a beautiful drive.  Everything was so green.  After we got Jenny, we headed for some pizza and then to Yellowstone.  But I have to save that for Part Three. 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

The Temple and your family look great! :) I love the church too. :) Thanks for sharing!