Saturday, January 22, 2011

#96



#96. 
 That is the number on Spencer's car - his Pinewood Derby car.  For weeks this has been the topic of conversation with Spencer.  The countdown to Thursday night was a long one.  This was his first Pinewood Derby Race.  This is what he has dreamed of since becoming a cub scout.  There was a lot of pressure on that #96.  I just prayed the wheels and added weights would stay on.  

Spencer watching his car go down the race track for the first time. 

He did it! 
He actually did great.
2nd place.  Not too shabby.
He told me while I was tucked him in bed that night,
 "Mom, that was the best night of my life." 
 So sweet.  So Spencer.


3 comments:

Lisa said...

His face in the second pic is the BEST!!! lol

jenni bishop said...

Wow!!! That is awesome!!! Quite an accomplishment!!!

Robert and Emily C. said...

Wow does he look like Evan in that last picture!! I remember him as an adorable chunky baby...:)