Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tis the Season

Life has been so crazy. No joke. I am trying hard not to feel overwhelmed with trying to get everything done, so this evening before dinner, I told Bridgete we were going to take a walk. It is her favorite thing to do. I put dinner on hold, loaded up Sophie in her stroller asked Filippo and Spencer to join us and we were off.
Twenty minutes of feeling carefree.
It was heaven.
I skipped with them,
galloped,
hopped on one foot,
ran
and gave a piggyback ride.
(Filippo was running along kicking the soccer ball...no piggyback ride for him :)
It was almost dark so we hurried home. Everyone was happier. I was happier. So I have decided when I am feeling completely overwhelmed, I am going on a walk with my kids.

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Very wise...I think I'm going to give it a try.

aimee_p said...

that is a great idea. you have such a wonderful neighborhood to do that in.