Sunday, January 18, 2009

Yikes!

Bridgete has always been the feisty one in our family. Most people don't believe that because she is shy. But she isn't shy around us. And she has got a mouth on her. A sassy mouth. Yesterday in the car, she dropped something and said, "D_mn, I dropped it!"
I said, "What?"
She said, "D_mn!"
Then she said it a third time. Jenny and her friend were in the car, and their mouths were opened wide.
I got out of the car and went to her seat and said, "What are you saying Bridgete?"
(Maybe I misunderstood...but I didn't)
I told her we don't say that word because it sounds yucky. Then she gave me a "so what" look and so I had to tell her that if she says it again she will get in trouble and get soap in her mouth.
I guess it is my fault. Not that I say that word, but she loves movies.
Not Disney Princess movies.
She loves Home Alone, A Christmas Story, Big Fat Liar, etc.
Those movies don't have the best language. No one else has ever picked up the bad words, except Bridgete.
I am a bad mom.

5 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

If your a bad mom because of those movies... add me tot he list. and add National Lampoon's Chrismas Vacation to that. :)

aimee_p said...

Not Bridgete!!!!! She is too sweet and innocent, there always has to be one in the family to push buttons. What until this last one or MAYBE it isn't the last one:)

Amanda Weir said...

Caryn I can totally picture the look she gave you. That sounds like her alright.

Ok i just looked over at the baby counter and it shows 65 days...are you kidding.

caryn said...

Amanda, you just made my stomach hurt a little. I so need to get my butt in gear.

Christy said...

You are not a bad mom. I am just impressed she is the first kid to say a bad word. I think all of my kids, except Pyper so far, have tried out one bad word and it usually came from a movie. You certainly aren't terrible. And I agree with "Lisa", if being a bad mom means letting your kids watch movies (like Spiderman) then add me to the list!

Sounds like you gave her the right threat. I gave that one to Ammon and now he tells everyone how I was his mouth out with soap when he says a bad word (not that I have ever actually had too!)